Fed up... so maybe a Cyberpower Black Pearl?

Just post a cool mod, ask a question on hardware or give a review.
Polaris
10 Year Member
10 Year Member

Fed up... so maybe a Cyberpower Black Pearl?

Post by Polaris » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:35 pm

I'm fed up with the troubles my system is having with BF3 crashing. It's smooth as hell gaming just crashes every five minutes. So this is what I am considering buying...

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/Cybe ... ack_Pearl/

Any thoughts?

"If you're going to kick a tiger in the ass, you'd better have a plan for dealing with its teeth" ~ Tom Clancy

Sgt.Rock

Re: Fed up... so maybe a Cyberpower Black Pearl?

Post by Sgt.Rock » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:54 am

Well, it can be fully customized and based on the reviews from the consumers, not too bad. I'm curious, why not build your own?

Sgt.Rock

[center]Image[/center]

SewerMaster

Post by SewerMaster » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:01 am

just an FYI Polaris, that case is fucking massive. It's actually classified as a super tower case. 25.1" x 9.8" x 23.2" 36 lbs. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6811517020

also that GPU is very weak for BF3 you'd be looking at around 45 FPS http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop ... erformance
ImageImage

Polaris
10 Year Member
10 Year Member

Post by Polaris » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:35 pm

Rock I'm not against building a system again, just thinking what would be more efficient time wise for me. I'm going back and forth on it, as a lot of my components would need replaced anyway so might not be much savings.

Sewer what do you recommend? I was just reviewing some sites for a decent gaming system and that one seemed to attain high ratings while not going too far over the $1200 mark.

"If you're going to kick a tiger in the ass, you'd better have a plan for dealing with its teeth" ~ Tom Clancy

SewerMaster

Post by SewerMaster » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:02 pm

I would certainly recommend cyberpower if you are on a budget but just make a few modifications to that config. Most notably a better video card. Something in the GTX 670-680 range that does put you around $1400 though for the 670 2GB from EVGA they are offering.
ImageImage

Polaris
10 Year Member
10 Year Member

Post by Polaris » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:52 am

Did some research... Went with the I5-3570k... Faster for gaming than the 3820, and same as 3770 for gaming because of no need for the extra multi-threading the 3770 can do. Bought the GTX 670 FTW card for graphics... Got 32Gb of Corsair ddr3.... And an ASUS Sabertooth board. Added a Corsair modular 850 watt power supply. Total with shipping $1246.

Whitefeather
10 Year Member
10 Year Member

Post by Whitefeather » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:43 pm

maybe it will run the game... will it be ready for Saturday? :wink1:
"Once the guns are loaded and the troops in place, God and chance are all you have left."

ImageImageImage

mickeybr
5 Year Member
5 Year Member

Post by mickeybr » Fri May 24, 2013 8:22 pm

What case did you get? I might consider buying a configured PC instead of building now. Especially since it seems the only way to legally get Windows 7 Pro is through an OEM or retail which is a $100 fricken markup.
I spec'ed out a Barebones that didn't even include a new graphics card. Win7 retail is 1/3 of the cost... Jeez

Supposedly Microsoft is now curtailing the DIY'ers by requiring them to use their preinstall toolkit to be authentic and you have to be a Microsoft Certified PArtner to get the toolkit. Ridiculous.

Polaris
10 Year Member
10 Year Member

Post by Polaris » Fri May 24, 2013 9:31 pm

I used my old ratty nothing special case. NO change there. I use Windows 7 Ultimate so no cost there either. I just wanted components without spending a fortune. I have four kids that spend all I make.. so cheaper was better. Game flies no by the way. My K/D ratio has changed drastically to the positive.

mickeybr
5 Year Member
5 Year Member

Post by mickeybr » Sun May 26, 2013 12:30 pm

Sounds great Polaris. I tried configuring one like I wanted from cyberpower, but ended up being too expensive.

Here's what I just ordered yesterday on NewEgg:

Intel Core i5-3570K and ASUS P8Z77-V SuperCombo!

SAMSUNG 840 Series MZ-7TD120BW 2.5" 120GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO RR-212E-20PK-R2 Continuous Direct Contact 120mm Sleeve CPU Cooler

I just hope the CPU cooler will fit in the case without having to remove the side panel fan.

Should get it by next weekend. I hope to find someone here that has built a PC that can spot me when I need it :lol:

mickeybr
5 Year Member
5 Year Member

Post by mickeybr » Sun May 26, 2013 12:33 pm

It will be nice to get my desktop back. Still have not had a chance to play the last of the downloadable content "End Game". My PC crapped out just before that was released.

Now there's all this talk on Battlefield 4. Is the clan considering moving to that?

Polaris
10 Year Member
10 Year Member

Post by Polaris » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:04 pm

I think we'll have to really. Every version replaces the previous.