Want some Free FPS Mech action? Try HAWKEN

Open forum for all other PC games that Seal Team 6 does not currently recruit for. This includes all pre-release info, news and other information related to the game's full release like reviews, patches, testing etc.
Grim
10 Year Member
10 Year Member

Want some Free FPS Mech action? Try HAWKEN

Post by Grim » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:09 am

What Is HAWKEN?

HAWKEN is a free-to-play, multiplayer PC game that places you inside a mechanized war machine on the battlefield of a dystopian world.

This strategic, fast-paced, first-person shooter features incredible alien landscapes, customizable and upgradable mechs, and dynamic gameplay across multiple competitive game modes.

https://www.playhawken.com/

mech guide
https://www.playhawken.com/#game-guide/mechs

Siege Mode
[BBvideo 425,350]http://youtu.be/TO2swuOOHac[/BBvideo]

[BBvideo 425,350]http://youtu.be/jGoMeEsiqNI[/BBvideo]
ImageImage

Sgt.Rock

Re: Want some Free FPS Mech action? Try HAWKEN

Post by Sgt.Rock » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:52 am

Grim,

This seems to be the way gaming is going, sort of. I'm not too sure about this one, but Mechwarrior Online (I believe you had pointed MWO to me some time ago) is a free game as well, but you can purchase mechs and upgrades. I don't believe you have to buy the mechs, but we all know how that goes. I would imagine you eventually pay for the game in some form or fashion.

Referring to MWO, I saw something I thought was really cool, they were selling a mech to raise money for the Canadian Cancer Society after a girl who loved the game lost her battle with Cancer.

Sgt.Rock

[center]Image[/center]

Grim
10 Year Member
10 Year Member

Post by Grim » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:40 pm

Wow, that's awesome for MWO to do that! Now if more of the giants like EA followed that idea we'd be in a better world.

The HAWKEN map I tried the other night was an urban one and had lots of places to hide but it had a very boxed in feel to it considering the range of some of the weapons. Movement was pretty fluid with the mech which was nice though. It's like MWO on steroids I think. More up close action, better graphics hence the smaller maps. The Mechs are very quick, have the ability to boost sideways, forwards, jump... It really is more a FPS game than strategy shooter.
ImageImage

Sgt.Rock

Post by Sgt.Rock » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:00 pm

Grim,

I agree, I thought it was really cool for RL to enter into the gaming world, especially for a good cause! I'll have to check Hawken out, hell, I may even give that WWII game you posted about a once-over. Food for thought, Arma 3 is also T-25 days to drop. I've been playin the Alpha and the Beta and I like it, but it is real world everything, physics, damage, etc., but still a decent game. Otherwise, I hope all is well and I'll let you know how I make out.

Sgt.Rock

[center]Image[/center]

Grim
10 Year Member
10 Year Member

Post by Grim » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:29 pm

Sounds good! I'll have to give ARMAIII a whirl to see how much has changed since II.
ImageImage

Polaris
10 Year Member
10 Year Member

Post by Polaris » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:20 pm

I bought the Founders Pack for MWO some time ago and have only started playing it recently. I like it but it has limitations. There is no story mode, and you fight round after round with no real purpose other than that round itself. You make money and can alter your mechs... but still...

I'll have to give Hawken a try. And I loved ARMA so let me know when that comes out.

Been working 17 or 18 hour shifts... so sorry I haven;t been around much. Maybe when the construction ends in a month or so.

"If you're going to kick a tiger in the ass, you'd better have a plan for dealing with its teeth" ~ Tom Clancy