Battlefield1 what is known so far...

Open forum for all other PC games that Seal Team 6 does not currently recruit for. This includes all pre-release info, news and other information related to the game's full release like reviews, patches, testing etc.
Grim
10 Year Member
10 Year Member

Battlefield1 what is known so far...

Post by Grim » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:12 am

There is a persistent squad system where you can squad up with your mates and go from server to server without having to worry about being separated

New Dynamic weather.- weather will be different each time play the same map
New - fog
New - bayonet charge
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD7ci-m8UrI

https://www.reddit.com/r/Battlefield/co ... f1_so_far/

Battlefield 1[BF1] Here's all we know about BF1 so far! (self.Battlefield)
submitted 2 months ago * by MartianGeneralEnemy Boat Spotted
So in an effort to keep everyone up to date with all the information about BF1, I've created this thread listing every bit of information that I've come across. If you know anything else, please list it below in the comments! I really hope this helps everyone and becomes a one-stop for all your BF1 info! :)

RELEASE AND UPCOMING EVENTS

Standard Release
21st October 2016 (worldwide)
Early Enlister
18th October 2016 (worldwide)
Players will be able to get early hands-on with the game at EA play event on June 12th, held in LA and London.
Early open beta access will be granted to Battlefield Insider members.
BF1 will be digital-only on PC in North America. The retail version of the game will only include the activation code, and no disc.

GENERAL INFO

The game will be set in the real events of WW1, and not some alternate timeline.
Everything you see in the game will be authentic to the WW1 era, but DICE will take some liberties to make sure the gameplay is fun too.
. The game will have at least one free map post-launch. Those who pre-order will get that map 7 days early. No signs of premium YET.
The game will feature micro-transactions as well as paid maps and other large scale content.

CAMPAIGN

The campaign will be about the experiences of different people in different places during the great war.
It will incorporate lots of "only in battlefield" moments from Multiplayer, much more than the previous games, by having more vehicle gameplay as well as larger play areas.
The campaign will give you the freedom to choose multiple playstyles.
The woman you see in the trailer, chasing on a horse, is a playable character.

MULTIPLAYER

Battlefield 1 will indeed have a server browser. It's unknown whether it will be browser based or in-game.
The max player count will be 64 (32v32).
The multiplayer will have a mix of old as well as new game modes.
The confirmed settings for BF1's maps are the Italian and French alps, urban french cities and the Arabian desert. A jungle map was also shown in the behind the scenes gameplay footage. More maps will be announced later on.
The destruction has been clocked up to Bad Company levels and it's dynamic, rather than BF4's levolution. You can bring down small buildings to huge forts. Terrain deformation after constant battles has also been confirmed.
The game will feature at least some sort of dynamic environments. One of the key focuses for this game has been dynamic environments. Not much detail than that.
There is a persistent squad system where you can squad up with your mates and go from server to server without having to worry about being separated.
Battlepacks are going to return.

KITS/WEAPONS

BF1 will have 4 classes: Assault, Medic, Support, Scout. There are 2 vehicle classes: Tank and Pilot. Functionality is unknown but it is being said by playtesters that your kit will automatically change once you enter a vehicle, and will remain changed until you die or decide to pick a dead man's kit.
Assault will have SMGs(and shotguns?) along with anti-tank gadgets. Medic will have Semi-Auto Rifles as well as medbags and a syringe (WW1 equivalent of defibs). Support will have LMGs and ammo box along with the repair tool whereas the Scout will have sniper rifles.
There are going to be light as well as heavy machine guns. Heavy machine guns were mostly stationary in real life but the game will allow you to be mobile with them.
Dynamites have been confirmed. They're basically WW-1 equivalent of C4. It is unknown whether you can use them on horses or not!!
There won't be any sorts of night vision or thermal optics. Every attachement in the game will be authentic to the era.
There are going to be various melee weapons in the game, from shovels and knives to bayonets and swords. Each melee weapon will have a different playstyle. You can choose a weapon that suits your playstyle.
The bayonet is what we know about the most. You can attach the bayonet to your weapon and then charge forwards, stabbing anyone who gets in your way. Also, once you start charging, you have to commit to that charge, meaning you won't be able to stop until the animation runs out or perhaps you hit something(soldier or a wall).
Weapon Customization is more focused than previous titles. Weapons will have up to 3 presets that you can customize acc. to your liking.
For most weapons, you be will able to equip a bayonet, as well as tune the handling of the weapon and changing your weapon sights' magnification.
You will be able to pick weapon skins authentic to the WW1 era.
Sniper rifles have seen a huge change. To be the most effective, you will have to be at the right distance from the enemy. "You'll want to make sure you're not too close, but also not too far away."
Each melee weapon in the game will have different attack speeds and damage outputs.
Some melee weapons will also act as tools- for cutting barbed wires, destroying barricades and even damaging light vehicles.
The bullet velocities have been increased to make the weapons seem a little faster than you'd usually expect in this setting.
There are going to be different types of grenades, such as frags, incendiary, gas, etc.

VEHICLES

There are lots of vehicles in the game, ranging from horses, jeeps and bikes, to tanks, planes and Battleships.
The tanks will also have sub-classes such as light-medium-heavy tanks. Every tank in the game feels different. What's unknown is whether this variety in controls will carry on to every single vehicle type.
You can fill your whole squad in some tanks.
Battleships are going to be player controlled. According to an interview, the battleships won't be periodic like the AC130 in BF4 and they pack quite a lot of firepower but are also fairly easy to counter.
There are going to be other naval vessels you can choose from. The types are still unknown.
BF1 will have dynamic vehicle damage system, at least for planes, where if you shoot down certain parts of the plane, it directly affects the controls of the vehicle.
Scout planes will be crucial at spotting targets for the bomber planes. Scout planes will also be the primary dogfighting planes.

DLC

These are the DLCs that you will be getting with the deluxe edition. (NOTE- Hellfighter pack will be available for standard pre-orders too).
Red Baron Pack
Vehicle Package: Red Baron's Triplane
Sidearm: Red Baron’s P08
Emblem: Red Baron’s Flyer Pin
Lawrence Of Arabia Pack
Horse: Lawrence of Arabia’s Black Stallion (new visual appearance for the horse)
Weapon: Lawrence of Arabia’s SMLE
Sidearm: Lawrence of Arabia’s Jambiya
Emblem: Lawrence of Arabia’s Emblem
Hellfighter Pack
Hellfighter Trench Shotgun
Hellfighter M1911
Hellfighter Bolo Knife
Hellfighter Emblem.
New visual appearance on the largest vehicles in the game
Frontline Camouflage Train
Night Raid Airship
Dazzle Camouflage Dreadnought

MEDIA

Official Battlefield 1 Reveal Trailer
The music used in BF1 reveal trailer.
Official Battlefield 1 Concept Art and Screenshots

MISCELLANEOUS

The headshots in this game feel very satisfying and they do have that "ping" sound effect from BC2. According to someone I don't quite remember, sniper headshot blows up your face, thereby making it impossible to revive.
. BF1 will be analog in nature, meaning there won't be any lock-on weaponry. You're going to have to aim and shoot in this game and this applies to everything.
So this is all I know(I think!). If I remember anything else, I will make sure to edit this post! /u/PTFOholland requesting sticky for this thread in place of the other one! :)

Sources:
https://www.battlefield.com/buy/battlefield-1
https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-One/D ... 93d885ed2c
http://venturebeat.com/2016/05/06/ea-di ... lefield-1/
http://www.pcworld.com/article/3067297/ ... war-i.html
http://www.polygon.com/2016/5/6/1161203 ... -war-i-bf5
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016- ... rview-dice
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/battle ... 0-6439595/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HvyCLK9zdM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPnJ-iyd5zY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hwveq19FLhw
http://www.twitter.com/Battlefield
https://www.ebgames.ca/PS4/Games/723825 ... with-bonus
http://www.pcgamer.com/battlefield-1-wi ... h-america/
347 commentsshare
top 200 commentsshow all 347
sorted by: BEST
[–]PTFOhollandHas a banhammer![M] [score hidden] 2 months ago stickied comment
Stickied!
permalinkembed
load more comments (4 replies)
[–]Cpt_Bacon97 183 points 2 months ago
One thing tho according to the leaks is that there will be dynamic weather (fog,rain,snow,etc) like even tho if you play the same map 4 times in a row it will have different weather.
permalinkembed
[–]filthyyjay"enemy ship spotted" 124 points 2 months ago
I hope this is true, it would make playing the same map not so bad.
permalinkembedparent
[–]Cpt_Bacon97 52 points 2 months ago
Well the one that leaked the info was the guy that said Bf5 was going to be WW1 and that he had a friend that was close to Dice that gave him the info, so far everything he said was true, including the horses and stuff.
permalinkembedparent
[–]xbuzzedx 23 points 2 months ago*
I'm pretty sure the same guy has said that there will be pickups similar to Battlefront so hopefully sometimes he is wrong
Edit: a word
permalinkembedparent
[–]retroly 31 points 2 months ago
Can they not be floating orbs, could they not tie something into the game with them, like you find a storage locker, or something that you take the kit out, if its an orb you teleport to I will cry.
permalinkembedparent
[–]Shark3900 12 points 2 months ago
Since your comments recent, it seems a lot of people lately have been saying that the flamethrower is a battlepickup (They had them in BF4, off the top of my head the USAS slightly north of the B flag on parcel storm and the sniper on the roof of Hainan Resort).
Hopefully if that's how the Flamethrower works then that will be how the knight-guy will work, which at least in my opinion is a ton better than the stupid floating discs.
permalinkembedparent
[–]Toshiro46 8 points 2 months ago
And DICE LA even went to the extreme of placing the Battle Pick Ups only in areas that made sense - i.e. the M60 ULTRA was only on the downed heli, and you found the Accipiter in the testing room for it.
permalinkembedparent
[–]AP_Norris 3 points 2 months ago
I really like the standard gun pickups of BF4.
permalinkembedparent
[–]el_scrubberino 3 points 1 month ago
Nothing wrong with pickups, if they aren't floating discs or something as stupid. Instead a container/realistic looking woodbox of gear, that you open. Tied in reality, not a floating stupid icon.
permalinkembedparent
[–]andreslucero 8 points 2 months ago
On the contrary, I'd love battledrops because of the WW1 setting. Picking up a flamethrower feels more balanced than having 32 guys with flamethrowers.
permalinkembedparent
[–]Vnldwth 3 points 2 months ago
Amen. I really don't want to run out of ammo after the 7th dude in an armored suit.
permalinkembedparent
[–]Alfredystebakk<3 BF3 3 points 2 months ago
i hope hitler is a battlepickup......
jk
permalinkembedparent
[–]bigleeroy 7 points 2 months ago
I really hope not, and if they are doing that maybe the backlash we have shown so far will change that dynamic.
permalinkembedparent
[–][deleted] 5 points 2 months ago
Better be only for the "hero" characters. I'd rather not have them at all.
permalinkembedparent
[–]MeanMrMustardMan 1 point 2 months ago
:'(
permalinkembedparent
load more comments (3 replies)
[–]filthyyjay"enemy ship spotted" 1 point 2 months ago
We can only hope.
permalinkembedparent
[–]Cpt_Bacon97 2 points 1 month ago
Guess i was right lol.
permalinkembedparent
load more comments (1 reply)
[–]Cidalfos 20 points 2 months ago
It has to have dynamic weather if they want to accurately depict gas attacks, and gas was a big part of the war.
permalinkembedparent
[–]SparkyJoltFor Alaska! 8 points 2 months ago
Now that would be pretty stinkin awesome if that turns out to be true.
permalinkembedparent
[–]MasterMedic1 7 points 2 months ago
Fog during the battle of Ypres , this game just became an action horror.
permalinkembedparent
[–]narlo00 5 points 2 months ago
I first got into first person shooters my freshmen year of college when Call of Duty:Modern Warfare was released. I can't count how many classes I skipped playing that game. Then, Call of Duty: World at War came out. I was hooked. The amount of hours of sleep I lost.. Oofta. I continued to buy Call of Duty games, never really ever trying another first person shooter.. Fast forward to the previous couple years, I haven't bought a new COD game for the past 3 releases. I am so sick of this futuristic, hop around, flying, outer space BS. It was to the point where once they stopped making new games for Xbox 360, I was going to hang up my controller for good. Now that Battlefield 1 is coming out, I will be purchasing an Xbox 1 and this game. If the game itself is as half as good as the trailer appears, I'll be happy. I've never played a battlefield game before. The amount of players allowed in each match, the vehicles, and the classes intrigue me. Also, some of the most fun I've always had when I would play COD is when you'd have an actual team "working together" using their mics. It seems like team work is an essential part of this game. I can't wait for October!
permalinkembedparent
[–]SwanBridge 3 points 1 month ago
If you can try pick up Battlefield 3 or 4. Hell even Battlefield 1943 for the last generation as an arcade game was awesome. I went from COD to Battlefield, and there is a lot to learn. It is punishing, but once you learn how things work and get it right you'll never go back. Although I suspect Battlefield 1 will have very different game play, it won't hurt to familiarise yourself with some aspects of battlefield before it comes out.
permalinkembedparent
load more comments (5 replies)
[–]BrownstinkerBolt-Action-Jackson 3 points 2 months ago
I really really hope it has dynamic wind that affects gas and fire effects.
permalinkembedparent
[–]AltamiroMi 6 points 2 months ago
One thing that still amazes me in BF4 is when you are close to a few trees and a jet pass by close to you, and the just shakes in that direction, it is amazing. I feel like neebs in the battlefield friends episode about the close quarters dlc in bf3.
permalinkembedparent
[–]royhenderson771 3 points 2 months ago
That would be amazing. Dynamic weather would make the map feel like a new experience and depending on how far they're willing to take this part of the game, we may have to formulate different strategies thanks to weather. I am so in favor of this.
permalinkembedparent
[–]iota-09 77 points 2 months ago
" According to someone I don't quite remember, sniper headshot blows up your face, making it impossible to revive."
if that's true the sniper class will be used A LOT more.
permalinkembed
[–]llorTMasterFlex 50 points 2 months ago
The possibility of realistic gore is exciting.
permalinkembedparent
[–]Ianm9 16 points 2 months ago
YES. If i remember correctly in the Black Ops 1 campaign you were able to shoot some guy and their arms/legs would come off. It was pretty cool. Edit-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ChEeAV8q8Q
permalinkembedparent
[–]MaceOfBass 30 points 2 months ago
Same for World at War, if I recall correctly. I remember the FG42 just mowing through limbs.
permalinkembedparent
[–]trapartist 13 points 2 months ago*
They should really make that all headshots.
Edit: the headshot == no revives
permalinkembedparent
[–]Shepherd336 9 points 2 months ago
Simo Häyhä disagrees.
permalinkembedparent
[–]trapartist 6 points 2 months ago
I'm only concerned with what salma hayek says.
permalinkembedparent
[–]LustHawk 2 points 2 months ago
Nah, what about Salman Rushdie?
permalinkembedparent
load more comments (2 replies)
[–]royhenderson771 6 points 2 months ago
This needs an expansion. A close range shotgun to the face should have the same if not WORSE effect than a sniper headshot. It should be implemented. Shotguns are NASTY weapons at close range. The mechanic should work like that or at the very least send a body flying from the sheer force of the shot.
permalinkembedparent
[–]DarkAriel7 5 points 2 months ago
Up-close shoutgun=ground beef.
permalinkembedparent
[–]n0tsane 2 points 1 month ago
People do not fly when shot up close with a shotgun. Perhaps, pieces of matter fly off the body but people don't fly when shot like in movies.
permalinkembedparent
load more comments (10 replies)
[–]A_Smitty56 63 points 2 months ago
Oooh terrain deformation. I hope the map starts normal looking but by the end of the game it turns into a complete mess like you usually imagine a ww1 battlefield to look like, along with dynamic weather to turn it all into a slouchy muddy mess. Also if I can't make a proper trench, I sure hope we can improvise and make our own explosive made foxholes to dig into.
permalinkembed
[–]xbuzzedx 43 points 2 months ago
Someone posted a few days ago that a DICE developer said the maps will look similar to the moon after a game ends.. I can't wait
permalinkembedparent
[–]HaydnOSmith 5 points 2 months ago
It feels weird to be referred to on a different thread
permalinkembedparent
[–]xbuzzedx 2 points 2 months ago
Sorry for giving you the creeps haha, when I first commented I looked forever to try to find the post I was referring to but I completely forgot which one it was! Anyways, thanks for the info.
permalinkembedparent
[–]HaydnOSmith 3 points 2 months ago
It's all good man :)
permalinkembedparent
[–]OuroborosSC2 16 points 2 months ago
By the time we're done...
permalinkembedparent
[–]TheCoxer 4 points 2 months ago
That's oddly beautiful.
permalinkembedparent
[–]MercMoose 11 points 2 months ago
I saw something in the developer interview that suggested the shovel could be used to dig. He said certain melee weapons have other purposes
permalinkembedparent
[–]A_Smitty56 2 points 2 months ago
Doesn't mean they can't fix it.
permalinkembedparent
[–]MercMoose 10 points 2 months ago
Uh, maybe you didn't understand me? I'm saying you may be able to create trenches/foxholes without explosives, by using the shovel to dig. Or maybe I'm just not understanding your response. Fix what?
permalinkembedparent
[–]A_Smitty56 9 points 2 months ago
Replied to the wrong person
permalinkembedparent
[–]MercMoose 5 points 2 months ago
Ah, carry on then
permalinkembedparent
[–]retroly 7 points 2 months ago
This is what BF:BC maps looked at by the end, just a desolate wasteland full of shell holes, it was glorious.
permalinkembedparent
[–]royhenderson771 5 points 2 months ago
BC2 destruction was MEANINGFUL. BF3 toned it down too much and levolution, IMO, was not successful in implementation (aka, it failed to impress). Bringing back destruction that is useful and forces both teams to rethink strategies is how battlefield should be played. I cant wait!
permalinkembedparent
[–]AC3R665 6 points 2 months ago
The HMG that we can pick up, I hope we have the ability to make out machine gun nest.
permalinkembedparent
[–]Exploding_Bacon152 2 points 2 months ago
IIRC a developer said by the end of a match the battlefield looks like the surface of the moon with all the craters
permalinkembedparent
[–]MehWorthiness 2 points 2 months ago
I hope it's like in company of heroes 2, where by the end if a match the map is a wasteland of craters and broken buildings
permalinkembedparent
[–]Dat_Battlefield 3 points 2 months ago
They had it in BF3 in the alpha and beta stages and it just lead to utterly broken and glitchy terrain.
permalinkembedparent
[–]IlIDust 22 points 2 months ago
A good point, but BF3 was five years ago.
permalinkembedparent
load more comments (5 replies)
[–]0x8086 10 points 2 months ago
Terrain deformation was in Bad Company 2 and worked fine. I think (if I recall correctly, it was a long time ago) the issue with the Battlefield 3 Alpha/Beta was a glitch where the developers turned off terrain deformation, but the game still registered the deformation in the code but not visually. This lead to craters existing in the ground but the players could not see them.
permalinkembedparent
[–]Hot_Shot_McGee 18 points 2 months ago
God Damn I hope there's customization in mustaches if you're a pilot.
permalinkembed
[–]ATC_Boilermaker 5 points 1 month ago
This is a make or break with me.
permalinkembedparent
[–]Pally41100 14 points 2 months ago
Sticky this shit
permalinkembed
[–]A_Ruptured_DinoWW1 is Crunchy Warfare 14 points 2 months ago
You should divide your posts into sections so its more organized and people can easily find info on the parts they want. Something like:
Edition and Release Info
Standard
Releases October 21
Early Enlister
Releases October 18
Singleplayer
Story and offline stuff here
Multiplayer
Game modes, maps, and other multiplayer related stuff.
Gameplay
How the game works mechanically such as analog combat style and dynamic destruction.
This is just my suggestion. Your thread is very helpful for people who don't want to go through dozens of threads and links.
permalinkembed
[–]MartianGeneralEnemy Boat Spotted 17 points 2 months ago
I've done just that, now. Is this okay? :)
permalinkembedparent
[–]A_Ruptured_DinoWW1 is Crunchy Warfare 8 points 2 months ago
Thats good. Hopefully it'll be stickied.
permalinkembedparent
[–]ledankmememan 11 points 2 months ago
The one thing I really want to see from this game is the player count increasing to 128 players. Battlefield is known for it's large scale battles and I think it would get a lot more intense and varied with an increased player size. Even if they couldn't increase it on console hardware, they could still increase it on PC, just like the PC version of Battlefield 3.
permalinkembed
[–]MartianGeneralEnemy Boat Spotted 17 points 2 months ago
64players is the max amount, it's already been confirmed. Also, I don't think we're still at a point where 128p is possible from a network standpoint.
Ever since BF2, I've always found the perfect player count to be 48 players. 64p feels a tad too chaotic and incoherent whereas 48p, you get the togetherness and the gameplay is quite slow, which I really like.
permalinkembedparent
[–]Sierra419 10 points 2 months ago
IIRC, there was an interview with a lead at DICE for BF3 or BF4 and they asked him when they were going to have the ability to increase the player sizes on a server to 128 or 256 like MAG. His response was something on the lines of: we have the ability right now to have as many or as few players as we want on a map at any given time, but we've found that 64 (32v32) is the magic number for balance and gameplay without overwhelming an individual player or making the maps feel too crowded or barren.
permalinkembedparent
[–]MotherfuckingMoose 3 points 2 months ago
I wish they would do something like MAG did back in the day with 128 vs 128 but do it better. That's wishful thinking though. Something like that must be hell for matchmaking.
permalinkembedparent
[–]Todalooo 2 points 1 month ago
128p is possible from a network standpoint
that is such bullshit
permalinkembedparent
[–]alieninception25 1 point 2 months ago
i agree give it a few years and im pretty sure it will be 128 players
permalinkembedparent
[–]Madkat124 21 points 2 months ago
sniper headshot blows up your face, making it impossible to revive.
I wanna see that.
Also, I missed the "ping" from BC2, so that's cool.
permalinkembed
[–]Riotstarted 19 points 2 months ago
There is few stuff that makes me worry.
First - is the smg's. Lots of auto-weapons would lower chances of melee combat to zero, so showels and swords will be used only from behind, like in the rest bf games, because if you approach from the rear you will be shot in the face.
Second - more destruction. I hope they will also work on the remains after destruction, so tanks will no be able to create a flat field instead of a small town to easily take out any infantry approaching them, like they can in bf4. Houses should leave ruins behind (currently only 3-floor house leaves it) instead of collapsing to nothing.
Maps... most maps in bf4 are mid or close ranged, where points are very close to each other, and more important - in most maps there is only few ways to reach points behind the front line, map design usually forces two teams into fighting. I very much dislike that and usually play on maps like Dragon Valley or Altain Range, where points are far away from each other, and also having complicated building (or other cover) systems on it, allowing me to go behind the frontlines, capture points that nobody deffends, and then set up traps for incoming deffenders. Sadly, i was limited even in traps - i could use anti-tank mines, yes, but the only anti-infantry mine i got - is SINGLE claymore. Concidering how easy it is to spot and remove it, it was useless. So i hope that in this game will be a lot more big maps with lots of passages to allow guerilla warfare, as well as a any choice of traps you can place. It is so boring to play a game if all gameplay comes down to just shooting people...
And, of course, the performance. I doubt that i will ever be able to launch this game, but if for some miraculous reason minimal system requirements will be same as in b4 - i would be very happy about it.
Also, there is one more thing - game price. I wonder, maybe EA will finaly add regional prices to the origin, like Valve did in Steam? Because most of the people i know (inluding me) just can't offer to buy the game at full price in post-soviet countries, because it worth all money that i earn in month! I can't spent so much on the video game - i need to buy food for me and my pets, pay the rent, pay for the intertet... If i will give all month income for the game - i will have nothing to live for, same as many people from my country. That is why there is a regional prices in Steam, where game that worth 60$ in usa are worth 30$ here, but can be launched only on post-soviet countries territory. I hope that EA will finaly realize that most people here just can't pay so much for the games.
permalinkembed
[–]melawfu 4 points 2 months ago
You can place up to 3 claymores with the support perk. I rarely lose them to being discovered.
permalinkembedparent
[–]Riotstarted 1 point 2 months ago
If you talking about those bonuses, they need to be activated first... It happens rarely and you can't relay on that. Also, support is not exacly the class that might need so much of them.
permalinkembedparent
[–]MeanMrMustardMan 4 points 2 months ago
If you play with a decent squad your shit will always be full.
permalinkembedparent
load more comments (2 replies)
[–]georget97 9 points 2 months ago
I have literally just bought Battlefield 4 to practise my aiming for B1. Shit, I cannot wait.
permalinkembed
[–]CaptainSmak 12 points 2 months ago
Its a ripe time to play. Just got back into it meself.
permalinkembedparent
[–]georget97 5 points 2 months ago
If i come across you in a game, give us a wave.
permalinkembedparent
[–]Sierra419 2 points 2 months ago
Welcome back. I'd like to say we missed you, but BF4's servers have been full since release due to no PC players migrating to Hardline.
permalinkembedparent
[–]beatokko 7 points 2 months ago
Details on the weapons shown in the trailer, a list I took it from my other post here.
Lewis gun, mounted in the backseat of an airplane in the trailer and also carried by foot.
Winchester M97 pump action shotgun.
MG08/15 modifed for airborne use. Also the guy in armor is carrying one.
Mauser 1918 Tankgeweher or T-Gewehr for short, is a bolt-action rifle that could go through fucking tanks. I imagine that if you managed to make a headshot with this it would send your helmet to another city.
M1911 as seen in many other games.
Most probably a Lee-Enfield Mark III rifle, as shown worn by Italian infantry in the trailer.
A Gewehr 98 rifle fitted with a scope.
The Mauser C96 that we saw the most-presumably Harlem Hellfighter wearing in the game's poster, alongside a...
Bergmann MP18 sub-machinegun, yes, that's correct, we have SMG's in BF1.
permalinkembed
[–]JohanEichmann 6 points 2 months ago
anyone else worried that bolt action rifles wont be all that prevalent in multiplayer? from the classes it seems like most people will be running shotguns, semi auto rifles, and SMG's, LMG's, HMG's. And if someone is using a bolt action it probably has a scope on it. kind of disappointing that it doesn't seem there is going to be much iron sight bolt action rifle combat.
permalinkembed
[–]Ptr4570 5 points 2 months ago
If you play dod:s, most outstanding players use bolt actions. It's a shame that bolt action=sniper nowadays. If you're good with it you can clear rooms no problem.
permalinkembedparent
[–]pixartist 3 points 2 months ago
I think there will only be one smg and the bigger machine guns hopefully won't be good for close combat.
permalinkembedparent
[–]ourmartyr1 3 points 2 months ago
This is largely my concern as well. If bolt-action rifles take a backseat - I will NOT pre-order.
permalinkembedparent
[–]osensei1907 11 points 2 months ago
Classes you say, using SMG's but they aren't the most popular weapon choice of WW1. You can't imagine a WW1 without the presence of bolt ction rifles, and if they give players a choice many will (unrealistically) choose SMG's.
But I'm sure that they've already came up with a plan against this.
permalinkembed
[–]BleedingUranium 3 points 2 months ago
The plan against this seems to be that Assault has a ton of firepower, but no real special tools or abilities.
permalinkembedparent
[–]gamer73__ 3 points 2 months ago
Fun MUST ALWAYS trumphf realism...ALWAYS!
permalinkembedparent
[–]osensei1907 7 points 2 months ago
Why that sounded like a CoD player argument in my head? :(
permalinkembedparent
[–]MeanMrMustardMan 2 points 2 months ago
CONTRA IS THE BEST SHOOTING GAME OF ALL TIME BRING BACK THAT STYLE GAMEPLAY.
permalinkembedparent
[–]Hayat89 11 points 2 months ago
"The headshots in this game feel very satisfying and they do have that "ping" sound effect from BC2. According to someone I don't quite remember, sniper headshot blows up your face, thereby making it impossible to revive."
I'm going to have to ask for a citation on that one. Where did you hear that?
permalinkembed
[–]MartianGeneralEnemy Boat Spotted 6 points 2 months ago
This is the video where the ping is mentioned.
As for not being able to revive soldiers killed by sniper headshot, I honestly can't remember who said that. I've watched a lot of different videos and I can't remember who said what. There was also a thread here a few days ago that mentioned this exact thing.
permalinkembedparent
[–]Hayat89 2 points 2 months ago
Thanks for the link. Sadly I was more interested in the second part but oh well if it's out there it'll come out eventually.
permalinkembedparent
[–]DarkISO 1 point 2 months ago
Wouldn't be surprised if they do, the mechanic is already in Hardline. (gasp I mentioned hardline!) in hardline you can't be revived after being shot in the head
permalinkembedparent
[–]Darthmullet=rTr= righttorebel.net 1 point 2 months ago
I recall some videos, but I think it may have mostly been conjecture / extrapolation / brainstorming etc. and not something the devs mentioned specifically. Can't put my finger on where I heard it to check again.
permalinkembedparent
[–]CndConnection 10 points 2 months ago
BF2 Special Ops was able to introduce the grapnel hook which had physics applied to the rope. Granted it was sorta wonky looking...
But I reaaaaaaaally hope they use something like that for the TNT. It really bothered me how in 1942 you'd just throw it and it acted like C4 even though we all know you need a wire connected to a detonator for it to work.
I'm stoked for BF1 but I honestly do not want to see C4-style TNT in this game.
permalinkembed
[–]royhenderson771 5 points 2 months ago
I really want 2 things. Rush Mode being relevant and extremely fun again (like BC2) and being able to destroy mcoms with TNT (BC2, they could be destroyed with tanks, c4, grenade launchers). I like this gameplay style because it forces players to think about the way they defend. Now you're not just standing in a spot waiting for the enemy to arm. Now you have to worry about the mcom being destroyed from a distance.
This allowed the defense to RUSH the offense numerous times in order to prevent the mcom from getting destroyed. It created various FUN gameplay styles and really dynamic as the offense had to defend and the defend had to attack.
AMAZING! And I can only hope this comes back.
permalinkembedparent
[–]Darthmullet=rTr= righttorebel.net 3 points 2 months ago
TNT was so temperamental, I wouldn't be surprised if it would detonate on impact. Not 100% reliable though, of course. The idea of throwing it around not expecting it to go off is absurd. It will hopefully need to be planted.
permalinkembedparent
[–]CndConnection 5 points 2 months ago
Wait I'm p sure TNT is very stable and safe. You might be thinking of Nitroglycerin which is an ingredient of dynamite.
TIL: In the search for more info about this to reply back to you I discovered that TNT is not Dynamite and they are separate. As far as I know (so if anyone wants to chime in feel free) TNT is used in explosives for like grenades/bombs/etc but the sticks they used to build the mines in WW1 must have been dynamite sticks.
permalinkembedparent
[–]Darthmullet=rTr= righttorebel.net 5 points 2 months ago
Well, I'm no expert. I just know that dynamite is unstable. I guess TNT is separate - that's what I get for getting my info from AC/DC !
permalinkembedparent
[–]CndConnection 2 points 2 months ago*
But that's the thing....dynamite IS stable.
You can throw a stick of dynamite and hit a wall and nothing will happen. However, dynamite is susceptible to heat and if you leave it in the sun it will sweat out the nitro....then it becomes unstable and can explode.
EDIT Actually while I am right about the sweating of nitro it seems that enough impact or weight can detonate dynamite. Here's what wiki says : "Dynamite is moderately sensitive to shock. Shock resistance tests are usually carried out with a drop-hammer: about 100 mg of explosive is placed on an anvil, upon which a weight of between 0.5 and 10 kg is dropped from different heights until detonation is achieved.[6] With a hammer of 2 kg, mercury fulminate detonates with a drop distance of 1 to 2 cm, nitroglycerin with 4 to 5 cm, dynamite with 15 to 30 cm, and ammoniacal explosives with 40 to 50 cm."
IDK if throwing it at a wall is similar to dropping 2kilos on it though.
Another thing is military dynamite has no nitro and is more stable and safer so you might be able to throw that one : ""Military dynamite" is a dynamite substitute, formulated without nitroglycerin. It contains 75% RDX, 15% TNT, 5% SAE 10 motor oil, and 5% cornstarch, but much safer to store and handle for long periods than Nobel's dynamite.[9] Military dynamite achieves greater stability by avoiding the use of nitroglycerin and uses much more stable chemicals.[10]"
I am not sure whether or not WW1 dynamite is military grade or not though.
permalinkembedparent
[–]ahintofnapalm 2 points 1 month ago
Yea RDX is hella stable, you can shoot the stuff lol
permalinkembedparent
[–]KraKen456Battlefield 1 hype! 6 points 2 months ago
Horse skins is a thing? Oh yeah.
permalinkembed
[–]ourmartyr1 2 points 2 months ago
basically confirms
permalinkembedparent
[–]farmerfrugal 4 points 2 months ago
Thank you for this post! I'll definitely be checking this every now and again once more information arises
permalinkembed
[–]A_Smitty56 4 points 2 months ago
I also wonder how they're going to do the spotting system and mini map, if they're going to be any at all.
permalinkembed
There were mentions of scout planes playing a major role in spotting targets for the bomber planes.
permalinkembedparent
[–]Darthmullet=rTr= righttorebel.net 3 points 2 months ago
I read an interview that said "scouts on the ground" helping bombers, I don't recall "scout planes" being mentioned.
permalinkembedparent
[–]LuanScunha 2 points 2 months ago
I think the minimap will still the same, in ww1 they already have cordinates and a map, just the same thing
permalinkembedparent
[–]PanzerVII 3 points 2 months ago
Red Baron Pack
Vehicle Package: Red Baron's Triplane
What does this mean? Is it an entirely new vehicle that will only be pilotable for Deluxe Edition players or is it just a reskin of the Fokker DR1 in the game?
permalinkembed
I think it's just a triplane skin. It'd be extremely stupid to lock actual vehicles to certain players who bought the packs.
permalinkembedparent
[–]MeanMrMustardMan 1 point 2 months ago
I don't think all the non-premium players like getting wrecked by a gol magnum they can never get.
permalinkembedparent
[–]Redlodger0426 3 points 2 months ago
Or the premium players who can't unlock the damn gun.
permalinkembedparent
All of those "packs" are re-skins only. Only valuable thing is early access imo
permalinkembedparent
[–]IsaiasSkywalkerM16A2 is love 3 points 2 months ago
"No Lock on" The best news I've heard, what a relief!
permalinkembed
[–]MartianGeneralEnemy Boat Spotted 9 points 2 months ago
Air superiority, if it exists in BF1, will be absolutely glorious. :)
permalinkembedparent
[–]MeanMrMustardMan 4 points 2 months ago
If the majority if players have semi auto and full auto weapons it won't be authentic at all.
permalinkembed
[–]melawfu 5 points 2 months ago
Full auto may not be the best choice for a player. Remember DoD (Day of Defeat)? It's been a while but I think the bolt actions in it were superior to the semi autos in some cases, and superior to the full autos in most cases.
permalinkembedparent
[–]MeanMrMustardMan 3 points 2 months ago
If they make bolt actions 2 hit chest kills outside 30-50m, which they probably will, the only way I can see full autos being worse is if they take 7+ hits from that range which is ludicrous. Bunch of fucking curtis jacksons running around with 9 bullet holes and no limp.
Not going to be a problem for hardcore mode, so maybe I should just not care.
permalinkembedparent
[–]Shepherd336 4 points 2 months ago
It could be salvageable by realistic recoil. The trailer footage with the Lewis in the forest hints at a long time-to-kill, I'd guess due to low accuracy. Pistol caliber carbines in real life still have a fair bit of kick to them and I don't think you would really be able to burst with WW1 ergonomics.
permalinkembedparent
[–]S3blapin 1 point 2 months ago
Automatic weapon would have a lot of spread making them extremely inaccurate at mid long range. this combine to lower damage, and it would make them quite awfull to use at anything but trench warfare/CQC.
And IMO they will make the BA rifle 1HK at quite long range if you aim for the head. something like that:
0-50m: 60%
50-100: 60-40%
100+ : 40%
(that's just an assumption)
And then they could differentiate rifle by the damage drop off. Rifle with short barrel or carbine (like the Lee-Enfield) would be better at close range but the damage would drop faster. Example:
0-60m: 60%
60-70: 60-40%
70+ : 40%
Which would make them better at closer range but less at longer range...
permalinkembedparent
[–]Canoneer 3 points 2 months ago
Don't forget this either:
http://www.pcgamer.com/battlefield-1-wi ... h-america/
Might be trivial, but for people without a good internet connection and a good amount of bandwidth, it's gonna be hell.
permalinkembed
[–]MartianGeneralEnemy Boat Spotted 1 point 2 months ago
Will add this. Thanks!
permalinkembedparent
[–]XRT28 1 point 2 months ago
I would imagine/hope they would let you preload the game a few days/week ahead of launch exactly because of that. Nobody likes it when launch day comes around and you're hyped to play and are stuck downloading(usually at well below your internet speeds because of the huge number of others trying to d/l aswell).
permalinkembedparent
[–]CaptainSmak 1 point 2 months ago
Save the plastic, I'm all for it. Just allow a pre-download well ahead of release for the rural folk.
permalinkembedparent
[–]DutchSmoker 1 point 2 months ago
Well there isn't much plastic being saved. You get the same box but with a code instead of a CD in it
permalinkembedparent
[–]melawfu 3 points 2 months ago
Oh boy oh boy. I hope we will finally see a real damage model for armor. I mean, there is no progress at all about this matter over the whole Battlefield history. Yet it would enhance the game experience so much... Damage where it gets hit, affects different components, can ignite gasoline or ammo, realistically wounds the people inside, repairs have to be done where the damage is. So excited!
permalinkembed
[–]Charismaztex 2 points 2 months ago
I believe the Mauser anti-tank rifle was shown in the desert scene being carried by the solider next to the tank. This wasn't designed to blow tanks up so I suspect there could be a damage model similar to Red Orchestra where you can snipe crew members and target vision blocks, etc.
permalinkembedparent
[–]Shepherd336 1 point 2 months ago
It didn't blow tanks up, but one of these zipping around the cabin at twice the speed of sound probably qualifies as 'incapacitating'.
permalinkembedparent
[–]B_Boss 3 points 2 months ago
they do have that "ping" sound effect from BC2
Oh.my.god! I have wanted this since the mellowed out version of it in BF3 and the complete absence of it in BF4!!!
permalinkembed
[–]matthewzz1997GET READY MEN 3 points 2 months ago
I really hope the server browser is in-game. I never liked the idea of Battlelog.
permalinkembed
[–]S3blapin 2 points 2 months ago
But Battlelog alow some really good stuff... like being able to be updated without updated the whole game. Wait month a game update just to solve stuff on a server browser is something that really frustrate me to be honest.
And BL allow you to see different server without the need to launch the game.
permalinkembedparent
[–]hypoferramia 3 points 2 months ago
This game will be so good if dynamic vehicle damage means we can destroy the tread on a tank and they become completely disabled (movement wise, not weapons) until someone manually repairs it.
permalinkembed
[–]Samurai_TwoSeven 3 points 2 months ago
I'm not 100% sure on the tank sub-classes as there really wasn't such a thing as a class of tank.
You really only had the British Mk. III, the French Renault FT, and whatever the Germans called theirs
permalinkembed
[–]el_scrubberino 3 points 2 months ago
Vehicle classes? I think it's a brilliant idea. I'm a tanker and I hate idiots who come into my tank as medic/recon/support. When they should have a repair tool. They are literally losing rounds for their team... and being useless. Also prevents snipers using planes as their personal disposable taxi.
permalinkembedparent
I don't think there will be actual tank sub-classes, but what the developer meant to say tanks have a lot of variety among themselves, something which hasn't been done in BF.
So, the Mark V is going to be very different than the renault ft or the a7v
permalinkembedparent
[–]Km_the_Frog 3 points 2 months ago*
You might also want to add some kind of french or belgian country map. The plane flyover of the map showed some rolling farmlands and a destroyed battleground with a river running through it, we also see a windmill which further supports it being some kind of farmland maybe near ypres or the lys river.
This is just speculation but playable factions possibly:
France
Britain (and her territories)
USA
Italy
Germany
Ottomans
Austria Hungary
Russia (maybe?)
Serbia (maybe?)
permalinkembed
[–]Globoxx 2 points 2 months ago
Hey thanks, it'll keep us up to date!
permalinkembed
[–]DrZeebra 2 points 2 months ago
What seems interesting about the AE-type observation balloons is, that they are all very low and without observer baskets, so they seem to be more used like WW2 barage balloons to make air navigation of map parts difficult.
All planes in the trailer analysed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFMBTZGZkWI
permalinkembed
[–]PuppyMonkeyBby 2 points 2 months ago
How do you get the early enlisters thing
permalinkembed
[–]Cidalfos 6 points 2 months ago
Pay money. Pre-order.
permalinkembedparent
[–]Almighty_Push 2 points 2 months ago
I'm really getting interested to see how the (possibly) new melee system works out.
permalinkembed
[–]JRawk87 2 points 2 months ago
Hardcore?
permalinkembed
No info on any presets yet.
permalinkembedparent
[–]LyndonRoutledge 2 points 2 months ago
Lets hope it doesn't turn out like BF: Hardline then ay, because that would be pretty embarrassing considering Battlefield community have shit all over the COD community hahaha :')
permalinkembed
[–]Marin115 2 points 2 months ago
God I hope the rifles are the main weapons
permalinkembed
[–]willkinton247 2 points 2 months ago
If bolt actioned rifles aren't the primary weapon, then the game is ruined, and there will be no reason to buy it. SMGs, LMGs, and semi-auto rifles were simply not common. Rifles better be the primary weapon, or it'll just be SSDD.
permalinkembedparent
[–]idklolrektMR 2 points 2 months ago
"Sidearm: Lawrence of Arabia’s Jambiya" A knife is a secondary?
permalinkembed
[–]ArbyCreeperOrigin ID-Ar6yCreeper 2 points 2 months ago
Super excited for the game!!!
permalinkembed
[–]sk3latorr1 2 points 2 months ago
Any updates on premium? Will there be a premium?
I also hope there isn't a cutoff date soon for the October 18th early enlisted thing bc I'm waiting on premium n I didn't reserve it yet.
permalinkembed
[–]MartianGeneralEnemy Boat Spotted 3 points 2 months ago
Paid maps have already been confirmed, so I think there will be some sort of a season pass, although there has been no news on it yet.
I'm pretty sure they'll reveal post launch details at E3. The enlister edition also won't run out until launch day.
permalinkembedparent
[–]Ostilicious 2 points 1 month ago
Anything about it being cross - platform?
permalinkembed
[–]ossianas 2 points 1 month ago*
I hope the revive physics becomes a little more like reality, for example, if you die by getting shot in the arms, legs, butt you can only be revived. Not only that you die by getting shot in the head like in BF4 but also in the heart, throat, etc.
permalinkembed
[–]CyberDemonVZ 4 points 1 month ago
There could be problems with this idea.
If they go in this "reality" direction, game could become more hardcore, and EA does'not want to loose a lot of casual players.
More demanding hit calculations. Probably game would become more CPU hungry, and hit detection could become worse.
A LOT of players got used to revive mecanic from BF3 and 4. So WW1 is enough shock for now, no need to change everything else :D
P.S. I, as a veteran player like your idea ;) But I think we will not see it.
permalinkembedparent
[–]BrownstinkerBolt-Action-Jackson 2 points 1 month ago
Shame BF:1 is going with Syringe/Defib revives. BF1942 did fine without revives.
permalinkembed
[–]ogiELman 2 points 1 month ago
Reviving Is a core Battlefield mechanic since BF2 not to mention it is pretty vita for teamplay.
permalinkembedparent
Didn't need it in BF1942 or Vietnam.
Vital to team play is a cop-out.
Adapt and overcome soldier.
permalinkembedparent
[–]ogiELman 2 points 1 month ago
They were very different games from today's Battlefield games plus more or less everyone likes the revive mechanic.
It is a teamplay thing no matter how you look at it and Battlefield has always been about teamwork. CoD exists for those who don't want good teamplay.
permalinkembedparent
There's no point in arguing it dude. Lets just disagree.
It was a team play thing before revive came into play. Medics needed to stay on the ball with actively bandaging, not dropping a passive medical kit. It was true team play, you moved with your medic and you moved from cover to cover. If you didn't you got the 15 second respawn. Don't give me the "CoD exists for those that don't want good teamplay" bullshit; BF2+ is a simplified game compared to BF1942. Hell, anti-tank soldiers in BF1942 only had a pistol and a rocket launcher, without team work you were screwed. BF2+ rewards shit gameplay, you fuck up, you get revived and you keep pushing. In BF1942, if you fucked up and didn't work as a team, you had a 15 second respawn and a 5 minute run back to the action.
permalinkembedparent
[–]PimpinPedo 1 point 2 months ago
What's included with the packages and is the deluxe worth it over an original copy?
permalinkembed
[–]MartianGeneralEnemy Boat Spotted[S] 1 point 2 months ago
I've added in some DLC information! :)
permalinkembedparent
[–]OfflineOnlineBF4 (Soon BF1) PC - Offline0nline - PTFO! 1 point 2 months ago
Any infos on DLCs?
permalinkembed
I've added in some DLC information! :)
permalinkembedparent
[–]Lo0pyy 1 point 2 months ago
I didn't know horses were a vehicle :P
permalinkembed
[–]Charismaztex 2 points 2 months ago
Horses played major roles in WWI and even up to WWII so it's nice to see them included. The real question is whether you can strap dynamite onto them; perhaps not if there is backlash in public opinion.
permalinkembedparent
[–]syldavian_GI 1 point 2 months ago
This is a game about killing, knifing, gasing PEOPLE. Why would strapping dynamite on a horse a reason for controversy? not saying that's your opinion, but it just doesn't make sense.
permalinkembedparent
[–]Morgen-stern 1 point 2 months ago
Hoping the T-Gewhr is the engineers anti-tank weapon, and it would make sense, I think, for all nations to be able to use it, as quite a bit were captured by the allied forces
permalinkembed
[–]Cidalfos 3 points 2 months ago
Probably will be, as it was the only specifically anti-tank weapon in the war. No RPGs till WWII
permalinkembedparent
[–]AjaxDishSoap 1 point 2 months ago
You forgot the "Super weapons" that they talked about!
permalinkembed
[–]Skill-Up 1 point 2 months ago
Excellent
permalinkembed
[–]dr_poplove 1 point 2 months ago
Thanks for making this, lots of great bits in here I didn't know about.
permalinkembed
[–][deleted] 1 point 2 months ago
Don't know if those DLC are worth the $99 price tag
permalinkembed
[–]redhat11 1 point 2 months ago
I'm thinking Zeppelins will be like the gunship in BF4. Hard to get these days though, no one is ever commander in the matches I play on
permalinkembed
[–]Ptr4570 2 points 2 months ago
I'd be fantastic if you could actually fly the ships, a la BF1942/Desert Combat, rather than be locked into a static pattern.
permalinkembedparent
[–]el_scrubberino 2 points 2 months ago
I'm hoping none of the vehicles work like this. It's always more cool, if you can actually steer the thing. Hoping you can somehow steer trains too. (Set speed / full stop) And Battleships, subs, also Zeppelin.
permalinkembedparent
[–]Faillordx 1 point 2 months ago
hope for a 2 click method on Dynamite( 1 ignite fuse 2 throw and it can explode in your hand after 5-6secondes if not thrown)
permalinkembed
[–]MartianGeneralEnemy Boat Spotted[S] 2 points 2 months ago
I think Jackfrags mentioned in one of his videos that dynamite will work as a C4, where you stick it on to a vehicle and then use the detonator to blow it up. This is how it worked in BF1942 as well.
permalinkembedparent
[–]melawfu 3 points 2 months ago
I honestly don't think they make 1942-style remote ignitors with unlimited range.
permalinkembedparent
[–]banzaizach 1 point 2 months ago
Will there be a season pass?
permalinkembed
Micro-transactions and paid large content has been confirmed. Although, they haven't mentioned anything about a season pass service yet. Although, I expect there to be a season pass.
permalinkembedparent
Where was it stated Support get repair torch? I was under the impression that its inclusion at all was still unconfirmed.
permalinkembed
Jackfrags confirmed it in this video
permalinkembedparent
I remember that video - but it was conjecture. He isn't an official source of information. I also don't recall him saying support got a torch in it, and I just watched it again looking for it. Can you link to the time in the video? All we know is support uses machine guns and drops ammo - support and scout are relatively similar to BF4 by all accounts. If anyone was getting a torch it would be Tanker class.
permalinkembedparent
https://youtu.be/Hwveq19FLhw?t=2m5s
permalinkembedparent
Interesting. We'll see - I don't consider him an official source, perhaps it was a slip of the tongue (ie info that wasn't supposed to be released) otherwise it would've been mentioned elsewhere.
permalinkembedparent
[–]RMS_GiganticTriplanes and Dreadnoughts 1 point 2 months ago*
I am absolutely hyped for battleships! I also wholly approve of giving them dazzle camouflage in the version that I got.
Maybe in one of those five expansions coming out they can add battleship turret-mounted scout plane fly-off platforms, like this? Or seaplane tenders as an early equivalent to aircraft carriers?
permalinkembed
[–]DirtnoseWW1 LADS 1 point 2 months ago
God damn this game sounds amazing. I've been waiting for a WW1 shooter for so long, and it's nice in general to have a AAA FPS go back to an older timeline. The fact it's a Battlefield game doing it makes it even better.
I don't get hyped for games a lot, but this one has me pretty hyped already. Can't wait to see some gameplay.
permalinkembed
[–]weaver787 1 point 2 months ago
No signs of premium YET.
I'll bet my first born child that that this game has a season pass. Why the hell wouldn't it?
permalinkembed
There probably will be a premium system, but there is no confirmation yet. This thread only deals with things that we know for certain about the game. :)
permalinkembedparent
[–]343ismylover 1 point 2 months ago
What are the playable factions?
permalinkembed
[–]B_Boss 1 point 2 months ago
Damn, hey OP, whats the source for the "ping" sfx in the game? Please and thanks.
permalinkembed
This is the video where the ping is mentioned.
permalinkembedparent
[–]B_Boss 1 point 2 months ago
Thanks!
permalinkembedparent
[–]Heyyoguy123 1 point 2 months ago
Bolt action rifles: one hit, one kill.
permalinkembed
[–]Awful_Hero 2 points 2 months ago
nope.avi
permalinkembedparent
[–]image_linker_bot 2 points 2 months ago
nope.avi
Feedback welcome at /r/image_linker_bot | Disable with "ignore me" via reply or PM
permalinkembedparent
[–]LA-Thunder_Cunts 1 point 2 months ago
microtransaction
Hopefully just for items you can unlock through game play
permalinkembed
[–]MartianGeneralEnemy Boat Spotted[S] 2 points 2 months ago
That's the plan apparently. The CEO who announced microtransactions says they are not going to implement a pay-to-win system. These microtransactions will only give the player a choice for unlocking things. I think we'll see microtransactions similar to BF3 and BF4.
permalinkembedparent
[–]Neavante 1 point 2 months ago
A question: Right now we are seeing loads of cheaters using gametime to play bf4 and ruin everyone's fun. Will there be gametime for BF1?
Please tell me that's a big NO!
permalinkembed
load more comments (91

π
ImageImage